I got lucky and Will and Diva let me crash in their room at the Hyatt for a whirlwind DragonCon this year. I got into Atlanta on Friday evening and left Sunday evening whereas Will and Diva were there Tuesday to Tuesday or something. Soon they will be getting there a week before the con actually starts because of all of the crazy events and the massive growth of the con even since I started going back in 2012!
This was my 10th DragonCon since 2012 and I am so glad I went. It was my first trip and first con without Mark and it was great to be there on my own terms and able to do whatever I wanted to do, whenever I wanted to do it. Admittedly, all I did was wander around and look at costumes with a few forays into the Hall of Fame, Art Walk and Vendor Rooms but it was all my decision to go where when and I didn't have anyone nagging me about spending too much time smoking or talking to strangers (that weren't women because Mark. Fucking Mark Sousa)
I didn't get a ton of photos this year but I at least got a couple, mostly of the INSANE lines. I tried originally to put them in a semblance of order but it kept doing that thing that Word does when you are inserting text or adding stuff to a document and I can't be fucked to deal with it LOL so in no particular order...
 |
DragonCon 2026's most popular costume by far was the Dungeon Crawler Carl stuff and thanks to Owen and Kat I actually knew what the hell it was!
|
 |
| Travel day! I made flying look good (and my eyebrows were on point!) according to the 4 different ladies at DIA |
 |
| Terrible bathroom photo of a beautiful dress |
 |
| Friday night look |
 |
| THE SHERIFF OF NOTTINGHAM!! |
 |
| Diva and her Saturday night fit. LOOKING FIT INDEED |
 |
| Classic Will and Diva this one |
 |
Reagan's favorite video game is Dark Souls and Solare is one of his favorite characters (and the only one I would be able to recognize so...)
|
 |
Killer Klowns of course
|
 |
Apparently it's the 40th anniversary of Rainbow Brite so there were a LOT of them. I was definitely the right demographic for that show. My current cross stitch project bag also has Rainbow Brite on there.
|
 |
| super cute Ever After costumes |
 |
The Twins and Darryl. Darryl and his wife have a farm in KY that I plan on dragging Vivian and Snickerdoodle to when we go visit her next year. They even have their own YouTube channel! I can't wait to see Julie again, she's great
https://youtube.com/@youcanfarm?si=iCIx4qWk-HcVX_i2 |
.jpg) |
| Brucey Baby! Mark's mom and I bonded over our mutual love of Bruce Boxleitner and he was so charming in person and he even signed my photo from Brucey Baby! 10 out of 10 would still do, don't care that he's in his 70s |
.jpg) |
| The Monarch and Dr. Mrs. the Monarch |
 |
| This was part of the line to get into the vendor rooms. I think it wrapped fully around 3/4 of the building that afternoon |
 |
| The gaming hall where I had to go to get to the ADA entrance for the vendors hall. It was really cool seeing all these people of different ages playing games with each other. And I am not going to lie, it smelled a lot better in there than I expected LOL |
 |
| quick shot showing 1 block of people waiting for the parade |
 |
| Will's shirt. I am more shocked that he wore a tank top than the fact that is bright pink, he lived through the 80s, we all know he wore bright pink before. |
 |
| Tons of Fallout costumes of course |
 |
| 3 different generations of Trek all there (and SO MANY more) to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the franchise |
 |
| The Starbucks line that went all the way down to the end of that hallway in the back |
 |
| SPACE MARINES FINALLY |
 |
| I took a book to send to Vivian from the free library, I love these |
 |
| Saturday PJ. I didn't even change into something fancy that night because I was too hot and sweaty to care but next time I will be daytime and nighttime PJ |
Comments
Post a Comment