I got lucky and Will and Diva let me crash in their room at the Hyatt for a whirlwind DragonCon this year. I got into Atlanta on Friday evening and left Sunday evening whereas Will and Diva were there Tuesday to Tuesday or something. Soon they will be getting there a week before the con actually starts because of all of the crazy events and the massive growth of the con even since I started going back in 2012! This was my 10th DragonCon since 2012 and I am so glad I went. It was my first trip and first con without Mark and it was great to be there on my own terms and able to do whatever I wanted to do, whenever I wanted to do it. Admittedly, all I did was wander around and look at costumes with a few forays into the Hall of Fame, Art Walk and Vendor Rooms but it was all my decision to go where when and I didn't have anyone nagging me about spending too much time smoking or talking to strangers (that weren't women because Mark. Fucking Mark Sousa) I didn't get a ton of phot...
I always love it when I find something I really like at the thrift store and can actually get information about it. In this case I found this super cute cat print/drawing and had to have it. Thankfully it had the artist information on the back so after a quick Google search I was able to find out that this is titled 'P.C. IV' (Seated Cat) and was originally done somewhere around 1989. I doubt this is an original and I am definitely not going to open up the frame to find out. The artist, Pat Schaverien was British and her works are held in the Victoria & Albert Museum and the Ben Uri Collection. Which by the way, the Ben Uri Collection is a digital research center and museum in London who specializes in researching and recording Jewish, refugee and immigrant contributions to British visual arts and they have apparently been around since 1900 which is super awesome. I included the link below in case you want to check it out too. https://benuri.org/ ...
Here are a couple of my favorite looks over the years including some of those makeup challenges I did during COVID to try and keep me engaged and actually take care of myself while isolated at home. I realized I still had eyebrows in some of these pictures. Man i miss those guys.
Comments
Post a Comment